Black Magic 150 Installed - V6'ers...this one rocks!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 08:44:59 EDT

Well, my old (reliable) Hayden 16" decided to start wobbling on my (bad
vibrations from the fan) and I had no choice but to lay it to rest in
that AutoParts House in the sky.

Ok...enough grievance on that one...hehehehehe...in goes the Black Magic
150.

WOW!! This this ROCKS!!

The temperature (even with the A/C ON) doesn't get above 180 (Hayden was
187). It sounds like a freekin' wind-tunnel under the hood and it pumps
some pretty serious air...stuck a piece of paper on the grill (hood
closed) and it was sucked up to the grill.

For a V6, this one's a really good option against the Hayden. The only
thing on the installation is that the instructions for the brackets
suck. Double-Nut the bottom (not single like the instructions) and it
matches perfectly to the radiator support without any bending of the
bracket. Hook-up is easy but they don't tell you to put a Diode inline
with the A/C signal...keeps the fan from turning the clutch ON when the
A/C isn't being used.

I'll post some pictures later on this evening.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Owner - SpeedTweaks, LLC
http://www.speedtweaks.net