Re: Rudeness disperse

From: Ryan G. (gogglesqq@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 22:50:53 EDT

Well done Andy. Well done. :o)

----- Original Message -----
From: Andy Levy <andylevy@yahoo.com>
To: <dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: DML: Rudeness disperse

It's a matter of simple netiquette.

http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html (see section 2.1.1 especially)

The CAPS issue was explained to you before. I know that other people care.
 I have yet to see anyone agree with you. If you don't want anyone reading
your messages, hey, that's your problem - but if it gets to that point,
then you have to wonder why even bother writing them.

There are no hostilities on my side. All I'm asking is that you please be
a good citizen and abide by the rules of the online society. Just like in
the physical world. If you walked into my office to ask me a question, and
shouted the entire time, I'd ask you to step out and come ask me again with
your inside voice.

Some of the things you see as people taking jabs at each other are just
playful family-like cracks that have no ill will at all. A lot of folks
here have met in person, and have a good rapport. I know Bob Smith and I
have taken a few fun cracks at each other and he we both know there's
nothing mean behind it. So please, just chill.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com