RE: Re: Re: gen 1 gen 11 gen 111 ???

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 00:20:36 EDT

Mr. Smarty-Pants. ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net] On Behalf Of Will Coughlin
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 11:11 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: Re: Re: gen 1 gen 11 gen 111 ???

No flame intended, just adding info here, Walt- The genIII Dakota's are
code
AN body, and the Durangos are a DN body. The BR body would be the T300
Ram
truck platform introduced in 1994. The Dakota has been the "N" body form
the
start. Just as say a Challenger is an "E" body mopar, an 87-96 Dakota is
an
"N" body, a '97+ Dakota is a "AN" body, and a Durango is a "DN" body.
The
Ram trucks used to be the DW series, with a D denoting 2wd, W denoting
4wd.
Example- a 2wd 1/2 ton truck would be a D100/D150, a 4wd 1/2 ton would
be a
W100/W150. The BR series started in '94 with the T300 platform. The
coding
really did not change. A '94+ 1/2 ton 2wd would be a B1500, a 4wd 1/2
ton
would be a R1500. Hope this helps clear up some questions that may
arise.-

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html