Re: For folks looking to put a PC in their Dak

From: Geoff Shively (geoff@centrifugepartners.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 03:13:16 EDT

I am working offline right now until I can dialup in the Netherlands, so I
cant look at that link, but have any of you thought of using one of those
Cappuccino PCs from some Japanese company (http://www.google.com search for
it)... they are only like 600 bucks, and have a modem, Ethernet (10/100),
DVD/CD , S-Video Out, v-RCA out, VGA, 1/8in audio out, Modular Floppy, 2
USB, and lots of other cool stuff. PERFECT for an in car computer. That is
what I am using in combo with 3 LCDs from http://www.flatpannel.com a
wireless collapsible keyboard and attached thumb mouse. That with a 5 port
linksys switch. I will put a USB 802.11b link on the mini-pc so that it can
sync at my house, or office with any files I want to get while I am there.
Now that 802.11 has been cracked, I can also hop from NAT to NAT for
internet connections if I wanted too ;).

Since the Cappi-PC has 2 USB ports, I can get a GarminGPS system for it...
this thing will be able to do it all.

Now there is one thing that remains unthought... it came up once in a
conversation between Nick from Multitronics, we talked about a real time PCM
monitoring system for your laptop... but now that I will have some type of
aftermarket fuel system on my 408, Accell, Holley, or Vennom, then I need to
evaluate witch one I can tie into my computer for tweaking and monitoring.
Anyone? - I haven't really looked into fuel systems, what they incorporate,
or what they cost... so any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Train arriving in Bruxelles, gotta go catch another one... adios.

-geoff