Re: Exhaust tips

From: Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 15:36:18 EDT

YES....different tips (depending on overall length width etc) will make a
difference in the sound, sometimes a major difference.
Having a V6, I went for the lowest, meanest sound I could get. I originally
went with cheap chrome slant tips on my dual exhaust...and it had a nice
sound. I found a pair of Hooker dual tips which I bought. The tips each have
dual 3" ports with an overall length of 14"...these tips made all the
difference in the overall sound of the exhaust! Basically, the more space
the sound has to "bounce around", the more resonance you'll get (best lamens
terminology I can muster :). For a V6er.....resonance is good. They even
have tips shaped as megaphones to exagerate that effect.