Re: DML Digest V4 #4035

From: samiam (samiam@samnet.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 06:23:44 EDT

 I have an '01 Dak reg cab (2wd, v-6) that I bought new in January. It has 6600 miles on it. There is a loud crunching noise when turning full lock to the left and going over any small bump. Turning right seems to be Ok. It happens pretty much every time even at slow speeds. At first I though it might just be the tire hitting the inside fender well somewhere, but it definately sounds like linkage or some front end metal part. Does anybody have any idea what this might be? I'd really hate to bring it back to the dealer for service. It's been a great truck except for this problem.
Thanks,
Greg