Rattle in driver-side front

From: Chris (chris-dicamillo@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 12:55:29 EDT

Sorry for the double post... forgot to mention that my truck is a 2001 CC
4x4 w/ 5spd 4.7L 3.92LSD with tire and handling package.

Hey all,

I just got back from vacation (drove the truck w/ new intake and got
22-23mpg!).

When I was on a road with a lot of cracks and tar stripes, the front end
would rattle. I noticed it a couple months ago on a couple roads around
here, but really noticed it since I had to listen to it for a couple
hundred miles in Arizona.

It's coming from the driver side front. Let the wife drive and I could
hear it still and could really tell it was coming from the drivers' side. I
can feel it through the steering wheel also. The rattle almost sounds like
my dad's old chevy when the front shocks would work their way loose.

I should also mention that occasionally, when I turn to the right the front
end pops. Usually it's when I am turning into a parking space and applying
the brakes. I saw that other post about turning noise, but I'm not turning
to full lock, this probably about 3/4 of the way from straight to right lock.

Anyone have/had the same problem and what did you or dealership do to fix it?

Thanks!
Chris
2001 CC SLT+ 4x4 w/ 4.7 5spd. 3.92 LSD.
Tire & Handling Package.