Re: Re: FUEL PUMP - HELP

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 02:51:29 EDT

I'm on my second pump in a year..and have had the tank off many times. The
most likely cause is the potentiomiter in the sending unit is bad...mine was
on my 93 and the guage read all over the place, so you need to replace the
sending unit. Or your like me on my first pump and put the danged thing in
the wrong way the the float hit the side of the tank...either way its gonna
be a pain...300 bucks for a sending unit, plus the agravation of dropping
the tank or pulling the bed...I'd live with it for awhile..
Greg Conner
1993 RC Dakota Sport
3.9L 5speed
15.4 @89