Re: rebuilding v-6 questions

From: MJ Inginson (mjingison@home.com)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 20:13:47 EDT

Sounds like your starting the exact same project I am. I've started some of
the homework and have actually started purchasing small items for it. I've
been looking through my PAW catalog and have found a number of different
rebuild kits for the 318. It just depends on what degree your going for.
Some are just gasket sets and it goes all the way to kits with pistons,
cranks, cams, etc. My problem so far is that I don't know much about
compression ratios so trying to determine what style of piston is a
challenge. I've heard that a low compression ratio is better for
supercharging, which I haven't decided on yet either. I've seen kits that
go .030 over and I want to say I've seen one that is .060 over. Bigtime
$$$$ for that though. As far as the intake, I believe KRC does some machine
work to them. I'm looking for another 3.9 engine out of a salvage yard or
donor truck. That way I can drive the dak while I prep the heart transplant
which will probably take awhile. I'm hoping someone on the list has the
formula for calculating the cubic inches when boring over to help. I hope
this helps. I'll share any information that I run across.

Mike I.
95 CC 4x4 3.9