Re: OEM Tire Poll

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 14:28:25 EDT

> At less than 5k miles I found a large gash running from the rim edge of
the
> sidewall out towards the tread edge of the sidewall. I had that tire
> warrantied out and upgraded to 4 BFG ATs. This was on my '01 QC 4x4. I
> just found out my cousin who has a '00 QC 2wd found similiar gashes on two
> of his front tires, he has 13k miles on his truck.
>
> Here it the pic of the gash on my tire:
> http://carrola.home.texas.net/dodge/Goodyear/Goodyear.html
>
> I wanted to know if any of you guys out there have had this problem. I
knew
> these tires suck, but I want to know how widespread this problem may be.

All I know is that my stock Goodyears(Wrangler ATs) lasted for a good 35,000
miles. They did pretty decent offroad also. Of course, I would never buy a
Goodyear tire.....but for a factory tire it was good. Now-a-days, Dodge is
putting those crappy Goodyear RSA on 4WD trucks. My girlfriend just put all
new tires on her Durango after a mere 22,000 miles, cause those crappy RSA
tires were terrible.....she had two tires 'develop' a leak in the sidewall.
One tire she replaced after it was deemed uneven cause Dodge could correct
the alignment issue.....it pulled bad to the right and by replacing that one
single tire, it cured the alignment issue. Goodyear tires are extremely thin
in the sidewalls and the rubber compound is very soft. If you want a good
tire which will hold up offroad(thus holding up very well onroad), but some
BFG AT KOs.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6