Re: brakes (I have to get these things fixed!) HELP!

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 18:21:36 EDT

Heya there,

I had a similar problem a little over a year ago, turned out the rear brake
shoes were horribly out of adjustment because the auto adjusters were
siezed. Once the adjuster problem was corrected and the shoes were
readjusted, the low brake pedal problem was corrected. Might want to look
into that.

Also, you mentioned that the brakes have been bled. Do you have 4wheel ABS
on your truck? If so, there is a specific bleed procedure that must be
followed (to get the air out of the ABS system). Unfortunately this
requires the use of a scan tool (preferrably the Chrysler DRB-III). Some of
your better independent brake shops should be capable of doing this. Like
others on the list have posted, the dealers aren't worth much if you've put
anything non-OEM on your truck.

Oh, by the way - my truck is in need of new front rotors and pads.
(41,000mi) Where did you pick up the Powerslots from, and how much do they
run? Anyway I hope this helps you, let me know if you figure this problem
out! Happy Dak'in!

Darren Asuncion
Kodiak, AK
'99 Intense Blue CC, Sport+, 4x4, 5.2V8, 44RE auto, 3.55lsd (8.25"), 4wheel
ABS, 31" BFG All-terrain KO
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html