What I ordered (Was: No more Intense Blue!)

From: Val Lowe (vlowe@rcn.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 18:52:05 EDT

I got a 4x4 QC Sport +4.7L auto with cloth bucket seats, power everything,
limited slip, tow package, FT electronic transfer case, 3.55, rear window
defroster and heated mirrors. The Sport + package includes the power
convenience group (doors, windows, etc. not the overhead one), deluxe
convenience group (keyless entry, tilt/cruise, other?) and sport plus group
(AC, wheels, rear stabilizer bar, wheel flares, radio with CD, other?). I
may have it grouped wrong. I can't remember exactly what was in each group
because they were slightly different than what I had written down for a
2001. I know some options were only available IF you got the sport plus
package, for example, leather interior. I was mostly concentrating on
making sure I didn't get a bunch of stuff I really didn't want. I did have
to get some things I didn't particularly want, like a CD radio, just
because of the way they have things grouped. I don't have anything against
radios but I rarely listen to mine now and this one was about a $450 option
in 2001.

I specifically wanted a light color so I ended up getting white with taupe
interior. I know, I know ... BORING! :-)

I probably would have picked IB if it was an option just because it's more
interesting and it's not too dark. The Flame Red was just so bright - I
can just imagine the tickets I'd be getting in that! I had a charcoal gray
vehicle once (actually twice) so the Graphite had no particular
appeal. I've seen the Atlantic Blue (teal) on a Durango and it's neither
here nor there. It's not glossy/deep looking and it's not very
bright/flashy - kind of a medium color. The Patriot blue and black were too
dark. They can really look great but you have to be fastidious about
keeping them clean. I'm lazy so I went with white.

The six colors I mentioned were available for the Sport. There are a few
others available for the SLT.

Don't ask me how much all this cost cause I don't know! They didn't have
factory pricing yet.

Val