Re: Re: Rattle in driver-side front

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 00:38:59 EDT

My truck is going in tomorrow to get that problem fixed..... It turns
out to be the intermediate shaft on the steering column is loose. Check
that part. Grab it and wobble it to see if it knocks. It drove me nuts,
sounds like it's under the dash but it wasn't. Every little crack, Botts
Dot, and road irregularity would cause it to knock. And on washboard
roads while 4x4ing, forget it, it would drive me insane, and my
passenger would never hear it.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dak Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, HAS 410hp at the crank, Will be Intense Blue
next month!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm