Re: POR15

From: CHARLES C (CHARLES.CHRISTIANSEN@WEBCO-INC.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 13:09:10 EDT

I have used this product several times over the years. It does work as the
rust has not come back where I have used it. But a few words of caution:

Prep the surface as they recommend. It DOES NOT stick to bare metal that is
not rusty unless you do prep it. Their product is called metal-Ready and
works well.

POR-15 is UV light sensitive, so you may want to apply a topcoat to keep the
color. They sell Chassis Coat for this, however I use "normal" automotive
paints to topcoat with good results. While the POR-15 is almost dry (tacky),
a coat of automotive primer should be applied. Dont wait until it has
dried. This stuff is very hard and difficult to sand!

Do not buy the gallon! I dont think you will use that much and once open, it
is very difficult to reseal and will go bad before you could use it all. (I
typically buy the "Six Pack" of small jars to keep waste to a minimum when I
am restoring a car.) i would recommend a quart and a pint

Charles Charistiansen
2001 CC Dakota
1999 2WD Durango
1968 Super Bee (11.7's at 114)