Re: RE: That's a lot of lifting!

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 11:30:52 EDT

I know people lift at the pumpkin. I even saw Shane do it at Carlisle with the
jack on grass and under the diff. I wouldn't consider this terribly safe -
you're balancing the truck on only one point in the back. You're also
compressing the rear suspension when you do this. It should be OK for lifting
the truck quickly to get it up onto jackstands, but keep in mind that if you put
the stands under the frame, the suspension will decompress when you drop the
jack and you may end up right back down on the ground.