Re: wheel spacers for gen II ?

From: David Medeiros (orange383@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 02:07:32 EDT

Oh, that's why....you can get aftermarket wheels with (almost) any
backspacing you want, but the R/T Dakota wheels have a set backspacing.
I've always heard that spacers should be avoided. I used to talk to a guy
(not on the DML) who had a trick 95 Dak with R/T wheels. In case you've
never seen one and are curious, it looks killer. I'm almost positive he
wasn't using spacers, but instead had the wheel centers relocated in the
wheel to fit the GenII setup. A friend of mine had this done to the rear
wheels on his 90 Dak after having the rearend narrowed and it ran around
$150 per wheel.

David

MP
> PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
> autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, auburn LSD, 4.10 gears,
superior
> axles, K&N X-stream filter system, MP valve covers, 24# FMS injectors,
IAT