leaky shocks??

From: Raspa 4x4 (raspa4x4@texas.net)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 20:25:54 EDT

I replaced my OEM shocks with some Trailmaster Invader N7s and was very
happy with the improved ride. I was under the truck this morning and found
some fluid around my front passenger wheel. It seems to have come from the
shock, when I pulled the boot back, some fluid (almost like light motor oil)
came out. Is this what the shock fluid looks like? I bounced the passenger
side and it sounded pretty squeaky, the driver side did not squeak. I was
really happy with the shocks up until I found this out. They are almost
three months old.