RE: exhaust and header problems

From: Ryan Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 06:39:53 EDT

Oh yeah, what color is the seat?

-Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET]On Behalf Of
JakeandReggie@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 5:14 AM
To: aol@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: exhaust and header problems

I've got a 97 4x4 5.2 CC as well with the same Gibson headers and split
cat-back. I had a couple leaks with the exhaust after installation but just
really torqed down on the clamps and they sealed up. The headers were a pain
in the ass, cause my factory Y-pipe did not meet up with both collectors at
the same time. Your headers should not be rattling at all. Did you make sure
that they were tightened to spec on the block? Are you having any problems
with your collectors mateing up with the Y-pipe?

Jake