RE: Neon kill switch

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 11:01:31 EDT

Kevin,

An easy way is to supply 12 volts from the lighter plug circuit to a switch
that will then be used to activate and deactivate a 12 volts DC relay. This
will accomplish 2 things. The cigarette lighter plug circuit will switch off
when the truck is turned off and the relay will allow you to add additional
components onto the same circuit and not worry about exceeding the current
rating of the switch. This is assuming you use a relay that will handle the
total current draw of all the planned components. Most relay will handle at
least up to 5 amps.

Ken