Re:homemade intake/water ingestion

From: r (charger1969rt@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 16:43:42 EDT

my question is this, what's it like to have water forced (rammed) into your
engine during rain storms??
Punch

When I had the 6-pack setup on my 440 , I had the big six-pack style open scoop
feeding into an airbox. I drove in rain too heavy for the wipers to keep
up.....never
missed a beat.

On a different note...my son drove our dakota (14" open element air cleaner) , into
water fast enough and deep enough to stall the engine...not being satisfied with
that , he started it and blew thw head gasket into the oil galleries.

rob