Re: Re[2]: 360 swap currently underway

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 22:51:22 EDT

<< Will, I thought you wrecked your Dak?

 Mark Kuzia >>

Mark,
    I did wreck it, but it has since been fixed. I choose to stick with the
V-6 stickers since some of the less than intelligent idiots around here still
think it IS a V-6. I even had one guy say, "I never heard of an old Dakota
like that with a V-8!" Some people are just plain stupid. Anyway, the paint
job I was refering to was a totally new, take it all apart deal. I am going
to strip it all the way down to bare metal and come back with either a solid
gloss jet black or pearl white base and cover the front clip with a tribal
style flame job (did I mention the AAR fiberglass front bumper/spoiler
combo?) in House of Kolor Kameleon<hope I spelled it right!>. It is going to
run us about $10k to do what all I want so far. I may completely skin the
rear tailgate area and smooth that out completely with my Sir Micheals roll
pan. Not sure yet, one of those "if I can work it in without the wife
finding out about it till it is done and finished" deals, if ya know what I
mean. ;o) I think the Dakado is going to be an "unfinished" project no
matter how far I take it. There will always be something that I can do to
it, ya know, nit-picky stuff. Anywho, back to your regular DML content.

The other Will