Re: I hate this<snip> Gun Control-Jon-mirrored to off topic list-long

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 23:32:04 EDT

<<good golly man!!! I was making a funny!! Please don't associate me with
the freedomly-challenged gun hating subjects of this country!

An armed society is a polite society!! and I'd rather be judged by 12 than
lowered by 6 =)
__________________
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto
   344rwhp/424tq>>>

Jon,
    Your from North Carolina. I know your not one of the Anit-gun "let's put
so many restrictions and red tape on the purchase and ownership of a firearm
that no one, not even the law abiding person can have a handgun as they even
pose a danger to us, however we want to have guns ourselves, but not the
general public. Why? Because we are the only level headed straight thinkers
in the US that can figure out how to own a firearm properly while everyone
else is simply too irresponsible to use a firearm correctly and should not
have such a force within the grip of their hands" kind of guy. ;o) Can't
you tell I don't like those kind of people?? hehehe I say there should be
"some" laws, such as a convicted felon not being allowed to own a firearm,
but I don't agree with labeling something an assualt rifle simply becuase it
seems to have no practical value what so ever. How come they outlaw an
automatic 22LR but yet to this day they still import Calico 9mm and 45ACP
that hold 100 rounds each, have 16" barrels (barely classed as a rifle) and
all this in a bullpup stocked semi-auto. What purpose does this firearm
serve?? Sounds like a "drive-by" special to me. Oh yeah, I don't react too
well to someone who attacks my second admendment rights. I know that you
weren't doing that Jon, and I apologize if it was taken that way. The last
time I came face to face with someone who attacked my second admendment
rights, I ended up making a grown woman cry. Why? Becuase it made my point
understood. I have no discretion when it comes to protection of the right to
"Keep and Bear Arms" that is promised by the Second Admendment. Last time I
saw the woman that I made cry, she was at the local gun shop where I do
business buying a handgun. She had finally understood the reason firearms
aren't to blame. She had also applied for and recieved a concealed carry
permit. One down, a few million more to go. Ok, back to the regularly
scheduled program.

The other Will
<stepping off my milk crate now>