Re: radiator drain??

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 19:51:12 EDT

not to sound like a bunghole but..... NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on
the orange stuff!!!

Dexcool is highly corrosive! I've seen MANY instances of it eating its' way
through freeze plugs and hose fittings, on relatively new cars/trucks.

Your best bet is to stick with good ol green stuff and change it every year
or two years at the longest.

The two coolants are VERYVERYVERY INCOMPATIBLE!! I had to check an
overheating problem a couple weeks ago at work... turned out the owner added
a *small* amount of the wrong kind of fluid... the radiator (and thus any
and all parts of the coolant system) was plugged with what resembled
chocolate pudding.
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto
   344rwhp/424tq

Ok where is the little drain spiggot on the 2k dak v-8 radiator, i want to
drain radiator, or do i have to pull the lwr hose?? I will also be using the
new 150,000 mile orange anti-freeze instead of the 2-3 yr green stuff, This
should be ok??