Re: NV3500 Problems!!!!!!! - 1st gear

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 01:51:51 EDT

Chris,

I actually pulled the cover off the rear and replaced it with a Mag-Hytec
cover. <www.mag-hytec.com> This was also a good opportunity to inspect the
rear end for any obvious signs of wear. It is not hard to do and I think it
is worth the effort instead of just sucking out the old and pumping in the
new whether or not you replace the cover with one of Mag-Hytec's or something
similar.

>From Mag-Hytec I learned of a company that produces lubrication products for
the comercial/fleet market called Lubrication Engineers Inc. Their products
are designed around long drain intervals and severe use. I really think they
make some of the best lube products on the market. Check them out at
<www.le-inc.com>

The front diff. cover is kind of a pain to remove and typically the front
diff. does not see the kind of daily use and abuse the rear diff. does unless
you do a lot of 4-wheeling. So here, the pumping method is probably OK.

Andrew