tranny install attn: mike d

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 15:27:25 EDT

mike,
hopefully you see this. but my tranny is beginning to slip a bit more. i'm
hoping it lasts a few more monthes, but in the event it doesn't i'm going
install another tranny. i priced out a mopar performance A-500 for $1140.
so that's not to bad. but the dealer wants $400 to install it, plus fluid.
so how difficult was it to drop the tranny and stuff?? any help is
appreciated. i know you said it was pretty easy, but what was all
involved?? did you use the old torque converter?? the guy at the dealer
said it should be fine to use the old one. but i'm thinking it should be a
fairly straight forward swap that i could possibly do in my driveway.
thanks for any help from mike or anyone else that reads this...
mike k
94 slt, V6, cc, auto, 2wd, just passed 100k miles....