Re: Aftermarket Muffler Options

From: Chris Dicamillo (chris-dicamillo@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 12:25:40 EDT

I have a 2001 4.7L 4x4. I had a muffler shop cut in a 2.5" center in,
2.5" offset out Flowmaster 50 series w/ Delta Flow. They had to add
about a 8-10" piece of pipe to reach the rest of the tail pipe and weld
some hangers to the sides of the muffler. $20. Got the muffler from
Summit for about $80 I believe.

No in-cab resonance. Sounds mellow at idle, rumbles at 2500rpm.
 Doesn't get very loud when I stomp on it (my homemade air intake does
that). Just right for my tastes. Picked up about 1mpg on the interstate.

Chris