More intake work.

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 17:45:59 EDT

Just installed the Intense performance "fitted" Z-tube with big ass filter
onto my F&B TB. Feels awesome out of the box, but some of that kick in the
pants is because I just got back from big bear (7000ft altitude). I reset
the computer and am now in the relearning stages. Still feels very strong
and sounds much louder at WOT.

Couple of questions.

1.) Is this thing aluminum? It looks and feels like steel, but I thought
they were suppose to be aluminum, I can't find a magnet to save my life.

2.) Anyone have trouble getting the metal coupler piece that adapts the ~8"
filter opening to the 4" tube to stay properly. It popped loose on me twice
while trying to install, so I don't have the greatest confidence in it.

3.) I'm going to fab up a heat shield to keep incoming air cool. Does it
make any sense to wrap the intake tube in some sort of insulation too? Sort
of like headers can be done (I know, not recommended). Just putting the
intake in place while I moved all the brackets and wires around for
30minutes it got hot to the touch, and felt hot on the inside too.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm