Re: Re: truck wont start help!!!!!

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 23:58:45 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/2001 10:38:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
ABeerCan@aol.com writes:

<< Actually, on Gen-II models, the voltage reg is built into the puter.
 Probably the same with Gen-IIIs and some Gen-Is. >>

If so, you can bypass the puter with the old style regulator. That's what I
did on my '86 when they told me it'd be $300 for a computer to replace my $7
voltage regulator. I've just got to two wired in parallel so the puter will
still think it's getting the right voltage. IF all else fails. that'd be a
way to test it; or improvise if need be.

Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo