Re: front spindle nut torque?

From: Ragnarok (yum@yermom.org)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 01:56:14 EDT

Paul Bumann wrote:

> ok..isnt the hub spindle assy lubed for life? and the nut is a nylon self
> locker that needs to be replaced after one use? any help would be
> appreciated..as yet i dont' have my FSM
> ~ Paul
> 98 Dak, RC,Deep Amethyst
> V8/5 Speed/ 3.91 Suregrip

The hub/bearing assembly is lubed for life, which means _when_ (not if) it goes
bad, you just throw it away and install a new one, rather than repack the
bearings. Technically, you are not supposed to re-use those nylon locking nuts,
but hey....anyway, got my used bearing with only 7k on it from car-part.com for
$65 delivered.

Waitaminnit. I thought you couldn't get a V8 with a 5-speed until the 4.7?
Educate me.

William