Over heat

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 17:43:55 EDT

TJ,
    Have you checked out the fins on the front of the a/c condensor? If
those aren't straight (like bugs bents the fins, rocks, etc...) then they
will impede air flow and cause overheating like you are talking about. I had
a problem two years ago of the Dakado trying to get hot like yours is now. I
flushed everything, checked the water pump and basically did everything I
could think of to do. Then I was washing the Dakado one day and noticed the
condensor fins were folded over. I took off the grille and used a radiator
comb to straighten out all the fins and my problem was solved. So now about
once maybe twice a year I take the grille off and straighten the fins.

The other Will

<<Lately I've had a small problem of my truck climbing up into the rather warm
range... not HOT, but close. It's always when I'm sitting still, and it is
worse when the AC is on.... However, I can do 80-90 MPH on the highway all
day long and not have a single problem..... all I can think of is
thermostat. Head or block crack I didn't think would fit because it is fine
at very high speeds, or a head gasket, especially with 3.90 in the rear.
The radiator is only 1 year old... and the fan clutch seems to work OK
because it is always ingaged after sitting over night.... I DONT KNOW...
NEED HELP!!!>>