Re: Re: The Power of Armor All - a nice little tip

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 21:20:27 EDT

I'd try rubbing the spots out with a ultra fine polish, if you do it by hand
be sure to use a rubbing compound that is not meant for use with a machine!!!
 As far as getting wax off plastic/rubber/etc, a less expensive method to
armorall is HOT HOT Water and a sponge, scrub lightly and rinse, and walah!
the wax is gone :o) I tried everything on my Dak on the wheel well lips
(textured plastic) and nothing would get the wax off ( tried back to black,
black magic, armor all, tire gel, etc...) and the hot water was the pnly
thing that actually worked, the others just covered it up and it reappeared
when it rained!

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, 52mm Ported TB, 3923
Autolites, A-518 / 46RE, 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31x10.50 BFG Mud
Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
If Murphy's Law ever leaves me alone I'll have this installed soon: E-Body 8
3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes, and Moser Engineering
custom alloy axles!