Re: Gen III window washer jug

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 17:20:50 EDT

Jim Miller wrote:
>> Bob Tom wrote:
>> Actually I was keeping the fluid level pretty low for
>> > racing reasons ???????????????????????????
>
> I have never heard of this!!!!! Why would the level of fluie in a 1
> quart plastic jug have to do with the speed of a race?
> Are we worried about 2 or 3 pounds of water? Why not drain the radiator,
> that
> would reduce a lot of weight ; )

That bottle actually holds (I'm guessing) 3 quarts. The couple times I
have let the level get really low it took more than half of a 1-gallon jug
of washer fluid to replenish. About 6 pounds. And yes, it can make a
difference, especially in Bob's style of racing.

There are backpackers who will cut 3/4 of their toothbrush handle off to
save weight in their backpack. Yeah, it seems extreme, but every little
bit adds up. If you can find 5 pounds here, 2 pounds there, eventually
you've saved 100 pounds.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com