4WD Tire Size Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 19:56:09 EDT

Yeah yeah, I am actually asking a 4x4 tire quesiton.....more related to size
than anything. Here goes:
My girlfriend has gone through three tires now on her 2000 Durango 4x4;
23,000 miles. All three tires have had sidewall leaks which arent
repairable. All three tires were replaced thankfully under warranty(no
kiddin!) because there wasnt any scuff or damage to the sidewall, they are
just "paper thin" as said by the Goodyear tire store manager. I dont want to
risk it anymore with these rather poorly made tires(they are the RT/S
tires).

Question in point: The Goodyear's sidewall reads P235/75R15s. Are these the
SAME size as my Dakota's LT235/75R15s? What is the difference between the P
and the LT? I am probably going to give her my BFG AT KOs tires(only 9
months old) if they are the same size and buy another brand I have yet to
try.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6