4.7l Slow Starting

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 12:44:59 EDT

Chris,
I had same problem with my '95 Dak CC 5.2. My fav Goodyear center
mechanic suggested to
check the fuel pressure regulator by toggling the ignition switch on and
off a few times to build
up fuel pressure then crank it.
It started immediately after I did that..
I could hear the pump run for a few seconds each time.

Then I got the fuel pump / regulator replaced. .. parts $330 + labor.
I think the regulator can be replaced separately.. '95 pump assembly is in
the tank which has to accessed to work on.

Victor Williams / Marietta GA
'95 CC 5.2 5sp, Jacobs Ign , Jardine Catback.. 199k miles.