Re: Was: RSX(defending the emblem), Now: Weight Savings

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 14:10:49 EDT

Good idea for you, but my sound system is a cut out from the bed to the cab
and it's bolted with 5/8 thread rods into the cab. Then it's siliconed for
a weather proof/leak proof seal. It sucks to take it off, but it'll be
worth at least 200 pounds. <sigh>
-Chuong

<<
Here's another idea I thought about (not for my dak). Stereo equipment is
heavy, but necessary for a daily driver. So my idea was to built a box
(maybe wooden) and install a couple of speakers, an amp a head unit all in
this box. Then have one wiring harness come out of it. The vehicle would
have the mating harness from it. The wiring harness would only need one
power, one accessory and one ground connection. Then you would have a quick
disconnect for your stereo equipment, which could easily weight up to 75lbs
I would think.