RE: WARNING - BE PREPARED!!!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 09:53:07 EDT

ZoneAlarm is free...but the PRO edition has much more tuneability. :)

I ran with the free version for a while and do like it better than
BlackIce (less problems with DHCP and guests on the network). ZoneAlarm
Pro is just about the same price as BlackIce and is much less of a
headache to tune. (Both work well if they're tuned properly - Out of
the box...both have a few problems.)

Nothing beats a hardware firewall though.

- Bernd