Re: Which Brake Rotors to buy?

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 19:55:35 EDT

You're not hard on an R/T? Okay, it's time you traded me then :) You just
might come out 2 liters less of a motor.

Anyways.

Advanced autoparts sells "Foster" rotors for 19.99 a piece. I have them on
my truck and it hasn't warped since. I also bought the semi-metalic pads at
advanced and they're holding up fine. I do some high speed braking at time
to time, but i'm not hard on it around town like I used to be. Driving
habits can do a lot with warped rotors.

You should change out the pads also because a vibration could maybe loosen
the material to the backing plate, crack it, or just have a weird non-even
surface for it to mate with the rotor causing the same condition to happen
again.
-Chuong

<<I am thinking about replacing the rotors on my 99 R/T because I am tired
of the humping every time I apply the brakes. (My wife is complaining
about it). I don't think the pads are bad yet but the truck has 34k on
it and I don't know how long to expect the pads to last. I am not hard
on brakes. I don't need fancy high performance rotors, just dependable
ones that don't warp easily like the Mopar ones seem to do. I am open
for suggestions on rotors and pads. ( I intended to sound funny but I
really want brake answers). ;-)
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC