Re: Removing Magnum V-8 badges

From: Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 07:44:01 EDT

I have a 99, when I removed my badges, the surface underneath was painted,
including the 2 holes which are used to help secure the badge.

The badge itself is held on by adhesive and can be removed by heating it up
with a hair dryer or similar technique. The badge also has two 'plastic
posts' which stick through these holes..but are NOT secured so the badge can
simply be pulled off when you heat up the adhesive.

--
Kevin Hoegen
99 Solar Yellow MAGNUM S/T CC

<DHP225@aol.com> wrote in message news:171.fbff0b.28d6d0a9@aol.com... > I am considering enhancing the "sleeperness" of my truck by replacing the > Magnum V-8 badges with the "Magnum Powered" badges. > > What will the paint look like under the emblems when I take them off? The > truck is a (shiny) red 97. > > How do I remove the badges w/o damaging the paint? > > TIA > > Dave S. > 97 318 RC 2WD