RE: Towin' Question

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 12:26:36 EDT

Hey Ed!

IMHO, that's not camping!!! That's a darn mobile home ;^P It's funny, some
even say that the pop-up's aren't camping either. That does sound like a
beautiful trailer, but you are pushing the limits of the Dak (referring to
DHP225's response). I'm looking at a total of 5,300 lbs. with gear and all
with the water toy, so I should be OK. A Class III with load leveling should
run around $165 (in NW Ohio -- hopefully the same throughout the States).

I would try to keep the camper down to 4,800-5,000 lbs. That will ensure a
safe load amount. A trailer that big can carry a lot of extras -- blankets,
chairs, beverages, TV, VCR, satellite, etc. It all adds up quickly.

Give us a link to a picture when you make your purchase! Whatever you
decide, it will dwarf our pop-up :)
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!