Re: Re: Check Engine light Q...

From: tony mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 10:34:57 EDT

Hey there, I dont know why they made it so tricky but I had the same
problem initially when I was trying to pull the codes. After you get the 12
you need to flick the ignition switch forward/back one more time for each
code. For some reason if you dont have the timing of the on/off just right
it doesnt work. I just tried it on my truck and it seems to be about the
count of " one thousand one" approx. 1 sec for the whole on/off to get the
next code. and same for each code thereafter. Again I dot know why the
exact timing is so important but I can tell you that it took me a bit of
trying and asking and posting to the list before I finally figured out how
to get all the codes. Good luck I hope it works.
Tony J Mastres
Senior Photographer
University of California @ Santa Barbara
Instructional Resources/Photo Services