Re: Re: Four Wheel Drive Question

From: Brian Mingle (bsm11@cornell.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 12:11:23 EDT

I was on both pavement, and dirt.

Keep in mind that I have never owned a four wheel drive before, so I am
ignorant to the do's and don'ts of four wheel use. When the mechanic tested
my transfer case, before it went into the shop, he did it on a city street;
Therefore, I thought it was okay to put it in four wheel high, and drive a
little ways. I did not throw it into four wheel drive, and cruise the
streets all night. I merely put it in four wheel high to test the transfer
case. Will doing this cause a serious problem? My next question....If
driving in four wheel drive on pavement is not good for the truck, why do
people use them in the winter time? By that I mean, not every road will be
covered in snow. Do I constantly take the truck in and out of four wheel
drive while driving in snowy conditions?

Also, Will the truck be hard to move in reverse with the wheels turned?

Thanks for your help

Brian