Re: who was rebuilding the starter?

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 05:28:58 EDT

At 10:07 PM 9/19/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>all I gotta say is I hope your truck aint a 4x4!!!!!! Tried for an hour
>and a half tonight to get the bottom starter bolt off, no dice! :-(
>
>Gonna get her on a rack at work in the morning and see what needs to be
>done, I fear either the header or drop the axle down a few inches...
>SOB!!!!!!!!

I changed my starter out when I dropped my front diff to remove the oil pan
and replace the rear main bearing oil seal and oil pump. It looked to me,
like you had to drop the front diff to make room to remove the
starter. Removing the front diff isn't that bad if you have some help
moving it around and lining it back up to reinstall it. If you remove the
diff, remember to mark the axles and driveshaft so they can be reinstalled
exactly like they were removed. Otherwise you can throw off the balance.
Bye,
Ray

reply to ray.sulich@snet.net
This message written on a computer running `Microsoft Windows'.
A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch
to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit
microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't
stand one bit of competition. Now for Windows XP..