Don't become a tool of Propaganda

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 14:46:30 EDT

We are a free and open society - among the freest in
the world. With that freedom comes responsibility.
The internet is a powerful tool to spread information,
misinformation and propaganda.

The purpose of propaganda another tool of the enemy to
win a war. One of its goals is to weaken the resolve
of the general population to fight a war. It can do
this through many means the internet is a new and
powerful one.

Let us not become tools of the enemy.
We love freedom.
We love the sharing of ideas.

We have the responsibility to think about the
information we send to others. Even what appears to
be the most benign information might be propaganda.

Recently I received an e-mail from a friend basically
saying how the Afghan people do not want the Teliban.
E-mail was just sent equating the Afghan people to the
Jews killed by the Germans. Are these examples of
propaganda? In my mind yes.

There were innocent people killed in the WWII Berlin
raids, and the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan.
Should we not have fought those wars?

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. I'm asking
that we acknowledge our responsibilities and think
about them before we act.

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group HD Package Skid Plates
Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber, Steel Horse Torneau cover,
Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs, Removed air horns from Throttle Body,
new TB bolts, Taylor 8mm Wires, Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes,
McGard Tailgate lock, Audiovox cut off switch & hood lock
-Smyrna, Georgia