Engine Ticking

From: s_villaire@yahoo.com
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 07:56:32 EDT

I know on the 2000 models there was a TSB for engine ticking noise, cause
mine had it. Not sure if this applies to the '01 models though. The tick
would get faster with rpm. It turned out to be a faulty ground strap that
was hitting the firewall making the ticking noise.

this whole v6 vs. v8 thing makes me laugh. they are all good motors.

But someone mentioned on the 2002 he notice a tick in the motor a mayorville
thing.

I notice that on my 01. Seems like a slight lifter knock. Never really goes
away and is not loud enough to really worry about.

Anyone ells notice this?