Gen I ' s prove there worth

From: Justus Stull (aerojust@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 10:47:41 EDT

An interesting Gen I proving ground occured at my old
summer employer. I worked for a testing lab that
tested coal samples. I was a driver and my job was
driving to the job and picking up sample bags. The
lab ran Gen I's. They were all 3.9 standards. You
can imagine the beating these trucks took on a daily
basis. Most of the drivers were young like me and had
no mercy on the "company trucks" Running up and down
haul roads and all over strip cuts, while hauling way
to much wieght. These trucks all had well over 200K
on them when they were retired. No major problems
beside a bunch of clutches. They did the dodge name
well in my town.

They were replaced by a bunch of F150s, nothing but
problems since......