RE: 92 5.2L Dak dead Help please!

From: Robertson (jrobert@voyageur.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 20:09:47 EDT

You said there is no spark. If there is no spark you will not get any fuel
because the ECM will not turn the fuel pump on if it doesn't see spark.
There is no ignition module in the distributor, just a cam shaft sensor.
Cycle the key three time (on-off, on-off, on-off,) without starting the
engine and watch the check engine light. It will flash trouble codes to you
but you will need a service manual to tell you what the codes are about. If
I had to guess it's probably a cam sensor but don't guess, find what codes
are present.

Good luck!

Dave R
92 Dak 5.2, 9 1/4 diff 3.55 LS, 5 on 5.5