Who Is Satisfied With 70mm TB and Stock Z-Tube?

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 10:07:23 EDT

I'm not.

Have about 400 miles since the install, at least two PCM resets
about 200 miles apart, and the performance just doesn't seem to match the
stock TB with stock z-tube.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also, with needing to use the old and new adaptor to mate the stock z-tube
to the new 70mm TB, I can not align the tube to NOT rub on the A/C lines
and the hood, and believe me, I've had the setup taken apart and put back
together again, many time.

Still have a squeaking sound when hitting the throttle and
the idle is never rock steady like it was before, it will flucuate between
500 to 1500 and I know I'm not covering up the opening at the base of the
TB with the z-tube and/or adaptor.

At least the check engine light hasn't come on recently.

I'm hoping a custom 4 inch tube with proper adaptors clears up every
problem. Not complaining, just explaining to see if anyone else with the
new Flowmetrics TB and stock z-tube have the same problems.

Bernd, please email me re: the custom tube, haven't seen a reply back from
you on the past emails sent out over the last week.

Thanks!