Re: 6lug to 5 lug

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 22:07:12 EDT

You might need a whole new hub assembly piece. The rotor is held between
the 2 pads for the brakes and the wheel and lug nuts hold it in place. Not
like older vehicles where the rotor had studs on them.
-Chuong

<<I dont like that 6lug pattern, gives me no choice for wheels. so i'm goin
5x4.5. For my rear i'm using an E-body 8 3/4 housing, its 3in wider than my
81/4 from what i understand, so i'll just have to get wider wheels with more
bacspacing, oh darn, i have to use wider tires. But what do i do for the
front? Do i just have to go get the rotors? or do the older daks have
smaller spindles. and when i go to purchase wheels, how much backspacing do
i need to clear everything when i turn hard?
-Aaron