Re: After market warranty anyone?

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 11:28:11 EDT

All I have to say is "Don't do it!". I've had several issues in the past that
turned out pretty costly due to the 3rd party. Case in point: When my steering
gear was diagnosed as the culprit of a ps leak - the dealership's mechanic
(backed fully by the dealership -and- Chrysler) opted for a Mopar original part
ONLY. His opinion was that only a Mopar original part would be of high-enough
quality and since this was a safety item - he refused to use anything else. It
was a $700+ part. The 3rd party warranty company insisted on using a $200 reman
part as they showed me how their warranty paperwork/contract (that I signed)
enabled them that option. My truck was up on the rack w/the power steering pump
assembly removed and we were at a stand-off. I asked Chrysler customer support
to mediate and they sided w/the dealership. "You should have bought a Chrysler
warranty" they said. I ended up going w/the $700 part (my only option really as
that is the only way it was going back together) and had the 3rd party warranty
company pay the $200 and I paid the rest (total $900+).

Buyer beware - latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI TB Pulleys RTcam MPComp HVoilpump DynaGearDoubleRoller
WindageTray CompTAs