RE: tire thump?

From: Davidson, Kevin (kevin.davidson@transcendata.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 09:39:34 EDT

I'll buy that. I hadn't thought of shocks, because I don't notice
any major front-end bouncing, but I suppose it doesn't take major
bouncing to cause the kind of problem I'm having.

I've got close to 90k on my truck, and it's got the original shocks
on it. I know there are tons of shocks available. What aftermarket
shocks do people typically use? I do about half highway and half
city driving, no offroading.

Also, what's it take to change out the shocks? Does it require any
special tools to keep the shocks compressed while installing them?

thanks to all who responded.

kevin d.
97 cc 3.9L 5sp